Why Should You Choose Butterfly Tours?
We are a locally-run, Cambodian professional bike tour company that seeks to introduce visitors to the rich yet often unseen interiors of Battambang, Siem Reap, and Kampot.
Our tours are designed specially for you to
- Take a relaxing bike ride through local Cambodian villages in Battambang, Siem Reap, and Kampot—away from the usual tourist hotspots
- View and photograph magnificent scenery of the Cambodian countryside
- Observe Cambodia’s rural ways of life—visit local temples and learn about the variety of cottage industries, as well as our rich agricultural livelihoods
- Immerse yourself in “the local”—sample authentic Cambodian cuisine and learn about our unique Khmer customs and culture!
- Meet friendly Cambodian children and villagers!
Our Tours benefit local Cambodian communities
- We train local students and youths to be your guides, in turn offering them employment and leadership opportunities
- We personally nurture and develop leadership and managerial skills of our Butterfly team members, who are mostly made up of Cambodian youths from poor backgrounds
- Within villages, we engage local Cambodians to share their knowledge and skills with us, who in turn share them with you when you take our tours!
On a larger scale, our tours seek to
- Educate visitors on the socio-cultural, economic, and political situation of Cambodia
- Deepen visitors’ knowledge of local Cambodian cultures and customs
- Support the integrity of local cultures by favoring businesses and local goods that conserve the cultural heritage and traditional values of Cambodia
- Support the local economy through the purchase of local goods from small Cambodian businesses
- Conserve the local environment by engaging business that is eco-friendly and sustainable
- Develop sustainable forms of tourism that create more jobs and support local Cambodian trade and investment